I had the pleasure of hanging out with Ben at the Ancestral Health Symposium a few weeks back. While it might seem that elite endurance training and the ancestral approach to nutrition/lifestyle are contradictory, I’m impressed and encouraged by Ben’s ability to bridge the gap.
See? Eating real food helps everyone. Screw the gu.
So not only can you achieve great health by eating according to evolutionary / ancestral principles, but Ben is a living, breathing example of how you can also perform and compete at the elite level. Let’s hope this is the beginning of a trend.
Listen up: the man knows his stuff. In the show, Ben and I cover:
- Supplementation tips for performance and health
- How many carbs you REALLY should be eating
- Why you might want to consider “cheap” creatine monohydrate
- How to achieve elite endurance performance on a low-carb diet
- The right way to build muscle as a hard-gainer
- Why grains and seeds may not be as unhealthy as the Paleo zealots would have you believe
- Why you should avoid sunscreen
- How to make sure you don’t get manboobs (or, more affectionately, “moobs”)
Sweet. Here’s the show.
Click here to check out Tri-Ripped, Ben’s system for getting ripped using (or perhaps despite) Triathlon Training.