It’s not fall until you behold the arresting waft of pumpkin pie blasting from your kitchen oven.
Last night Alyson and I altered the old family favorite with a few primal tweaks. This pumpkin pie is delicious… and it’s also gluten-free, grain-free, processed sugar-free, and primal-friendly.
Gluten-Free Neo-Paleo Pumpkin Pie With Coconut Crust Recipe
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 rounded tablespoons flaxmeal
- 1/2 cup whole goat milk
- 1 tablespoon 100% maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp salt
Mix ingredients in bowl until crumbly mixture forms. Coat pie pan with butter or other natural non-stick oil. Push crust into pie pan with fingers, distributing evenly.
- 1 can (15 oz.) organic canned 100% pumpkin
- 1 can (12 oz.) evaporated goat milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon stevia
- 1/5 cup xylitol
- 1 tablespoon of blackstrap molasses
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Combine ingredients in large bowl and beat until even.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Bake for an additional 40-50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate. Do not freeze unless you want a lame pie.
Enjoy, folks. Let me know how it comes out for you.